MRO: Engines and APUs
The engine shop at United Technical Operations' Maintenance Center in San Francisco handles a variety of powerplants and APUs to meet all customer needs. We deliver quick turn times, technical expertise, and renowned United quality and safety on all of our work.
- As the launch customer for the Boeing 777, United's experience with PW4077s and PW4090s is unparalleled. Our engine shop is one of two maintenance centers equipped to work on PW4000 series 112" engines.
- United Technical Operations has a team of more than 1,000 experienced engine maintenance employees ready to meet our customers' needs.
- Precision machining
- Precision welding
- Robotic flame spray, including plasma, arc wire, and high-velocity oxy-fuel
- High-speed tip grinding
- Proactive repair development strategies
- Advanced computer-controlled engines
- APU test cells
- Engine Test Cell