The engine shop at United Technical Operations' Maintenance Center in San Francisco handles a variety of powerplants to meet all customer needs. We deliver quick turn times, technical expertise, and renowned United quality and safety on all of our work.
- As the launch customer for Boeing 777s, our experience with PW4077s and PW4090s is unparallel. Our engine shop is one of two MRO centers equipped to support the PW4090/112” inch engine.
- United Technical Operations has a team of more than 1,000 experienced engine maintenance employees ready to meet our customers' needs.
- Engine & Module Repair and Overhaul
- Repair to OEM or UAL Maintenance Specifications
- Utilize OEM and/or PMA parts (Customer option)
- Support all ATA chapters related to engine repair
- Flame spray, HVOF, plasma spray, plating, case welding
- Machine & manufacturing
- Combustor overhaul
- Accessory overhaul
- High speed rotor balance & blade tip grinding
- Nondestructive testing and diagnostics
- Engine preservation and borescope inspections
- Engine condition and trend monitoring analysis
- Engineering support – work scope and repair development
- ODA FAA approved authority for Major Repairs
- Engine testing capabilities: including the only PW4000 112” test cell in North America
- PLI & storage
- FAR Part 145 and Part 121 repair authority
If you need additional information about our services please contact us.
Approvals vary by location