MRO: Landing gear
A tradition of excellence
United Technical Operations' landing gear shop has more than 40 years of experience in the repair and overhaul of landing gear. We've combined the proven expertise of our technicians with an emphasis on process improvements designed to reduce costs, ensure quality and lower turn times.
Setting the standard:
- As a result of United Technical Operations' commitment to quality, United was the first U.S. carrier to receive an FAA extension for its B777 landing gear overhauls.
- United Technical Operations provides this same high-quality service to all of our landing gear customers.
- Our commitment to providing competitive costs, built-in quality and quick turn times is making us a leader in the MRO marketplace.
United Technical Operations' Landing Gear Shops offer:
- Full overhaul of landing gear assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Removal and reapplication of plating, coatings and finishes
- Heat treatment and shot peening capabilities
- Thermal Spray including HVOF (High Velocity Oxy Fuel)
- A comprehensive Machine Shop
- Machining and grinding of large landing gear assemblies
- Bushing fabrication
- Epoxy and polyurethane painting and stripping
- Nondestructive inspections
- FAA/EASA dual release capability in addition to other international regulatory certifications
If you need additional information about our services please contact us.
Landing gear serviced
- Boeing 737NG
- Boeing 757
- Boeing 777